After redesigning the closing tab on the lid, I realized I could apply the same tab system to the sides and top, successfully eliminating any need for glue. I tried two versions: tabs going in and tabs from the inside, out.
Having the tabs start inside and lock to the outside provided the most stability and looked better as well.
Going on a suggestion of folding over the top for a new tab, I got rid of the entire back end because the other tab system proved effective. This eliminated some extra material and made it a bit easier to store napkins, etc without having to open a lid.
I added some text to the inside and sides, making it a little more fun with something to read. I thinks the graphics are working well, except the colors might be too deep. Round 4 in the works.